Canon has released 2.07 Firmware for the 5D Mark II
This firmware update (Version 2.0.7) incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the aperture exhibits abnormal movement when shooting movies in manual exposure mode and Aperture Priority AE (Av mode) using some Canon lenses (such as macro lenses)
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the exposure level shown in the LCD panel differs from what is shown in the viewfinder when shooting still images in manual exposure mode.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the Wireless File Transmitter (WFT-E4 or WFT-E4 II) may not automatically power off when used for FTP transfers.
- These phenomenon only occur with the Version 2.0.4 and Version 2.0.3 firmware.
Download it from here.
Of course Panasonic already released updated for the micro 4/3s system such as my GF-1. Firmware 1.2 can be downloaded from here and it fixes the following:
- Improved operation menu for image stabilizer ([OFF] will be added under [STABILIZER] only when LUMIX G VARIO 14-42 mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042) is attached).
- Improved AF (auto focus) performance with lenses of other manufacturer.
The GF-1 update doesn’t affect me at the moment. I’ve only noticed the Mark II problem once in China but update I will.
Been busy on work but also working on two Photobooks, and prepping some small surprises come second half 2010.