If you have an underwater housing for your digicam or SLR, here’s some tips I collected via forums, and various sites on the internet. See …
- Don’t store the housing closed
- Never check the housing in an aircraft with the seal in place
- Insert some absorbent material (tampons work like a charm) when sealing the housing
- Load fresh batteries every time!
- Regrease the seal everytime it’s opened
- When used in saltwater, soak the housing sealed in freshwater overnight
- Wipe the lens port if you’re about to take a photo above water
- Always bring enough storage for your digicam! You can’t change memory cards underwater!